Wednesday 2 May 2012

There's something about London

I don't know what it is exactly, but there is something about our thriving capital city that I can't get enough of. I first visited London when I was 18 (many of you will be shocked that it took me 18 years to go there in the first place), where I went for a day shopping and a ride on the London eye. Walking onto Oxford Street for the first time left me stood there in awe for a few moments. It was just before christmas time and all of the lights had been put up - it all looked so pretty and inviting.


Following this visit, I didn't go there again until I was 21. Considering I want to work for a fashion magazine, this seems strange as all of the big magazine publications are based in London. However, in the last five months or so I have been backwards and forwards to the city, both for business and for pleasure, and I honestly love it. The hustle and bustle of busy Londoners going about their day, the noise and the huge buildings may seem like something most people would want to avoid; I thrive off it.



I've recently been offered a social media and fashion assistant internship which is based in London and I am so excited for it. Being part of the London lifestyle and in the centre of where everything happens when it comes to the media world, it is the perfect place and opportunity for me to gain my first job and climb the career ladder.

It could be the number of ambitious people that you see in London, or simply the lifestyle that London portrays, but something has given me the London bug and the sooner I move there, the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers