Friday 6 April 2012

Australia here I come

I recently read an article in Cosmopolitan magazine about women between the ages of 18-25 fleeing the country to escape the mountains of debt that they have racked up in the UK through taking out numerous credit cards and loans to help support their lifestyle.



Firstly, amen to them.
Secondly, why didn't I think of this first?

With the country being in the financial mess it is, and a lack of jobs available, it doesn't leave many options for us women. Men can usually pick up the hard graft jobs such as working on building sites, carpentry, mechanics etc jobs that are always in need of extra help. But with so much competition for every job opportunity out there, it is worrying, and completely understandable why women would feel like packing up and moving to another country for a better life.



Australia and Canada seem to be popular destinations, and with the wages in Australia three times the amount they are here in the UK, I'm surprised everybody hasn't left already.

Being within this 18-25 category of women, I feel their pain. I'm in the final month of my university degree, and I now have to somehow juggle between by part time job, a full time internship as well as being able to afford to live. I for one can see how people resort to credit cards as financial back up to pay for essentials such as bills, rent and food, because that's exactly what I've started doing.

So it looks like I could be booking my flight to Australia in the not so distant future...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers