Monday 2 April 2012

Little Red Dress

Sat in Kings Cross station last week, whilst enjoying a well needed cup of tea and chocolate caramel slice, a man approached me and complimented my dress. He then went on to say that when a woman wears a red dress, she has the power to get whatever she desires. Thinking nothing of it and brushing it off as a cheesy chat up line, I smiled and continued with my business. Nothing could improve the day that I'd had I thought to myself...

That morning I'd been at the train station waiting for my London train to arrive, when I realised that there were two due within the space of five minutes. My ticket was booked for the second one, but you know when you get that slight pang of doubt that something is going to go wrong? Well that's what I was feeling. I was heading into London for an interview for an exciting internship opportunity - the last thing I wanted was for something to go wrong. But, I patiently waited whilst the first train pulled up and left again, and boarded the second train when it arrived.
About half way through the journey, the train suddenly stopped and we were sat there for about half an hour not knowing what the hell was going on. It turns out there had been a 'disruption' of some sort in one of the carriages. Brilliant, this had now made me massively rushed for getting to my interview on time. When the train finally got into London, I literally ran to the tube, and once off at the other end, ran around trying to find the hotel my interview was being held in.
Out of the ten people I asked for directions (it was slightly awkward when I asked the same guy twice, turns out he'd just walked around the block) I finally found someone who knew where it was. Bursting into this five star luxurious hotel, panting and quite frankly looking like I'd had a solid hour of working out, I met the ladies that would be interviewing me.
I must have looked such a mess. The interview was over before I'd even got my breath back, and I left feeling very disheartened.
So imagine my shock when I got an email a few days afterwards saying that I had been offered the internship! It turns out the man at Kings Cross was right, maybe wearing red gives you the power to get what you want. All I can say is I haven't been able to stop smiling since finding out, and I'm so excited to start. Emma Speight...social media and fashion assistant. I like it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers