Monday 26 March 2012

Spontaneity over Plans

Spontaneity is the key to having a happy and fulfilled life. It seems that no matter how much planning you put into something, it’s always so much more satisfying when you do something spontaneous - it’s like living on the edge but a lot less dangerous sounding.
After arriving at university with a friend for a lecture that didn’t actually happen, we decided to pop into town (Southampton) to do a bit of window shopping before a long afternoon of coursework. What we actually ended up doing was jumping on a train to London for an afternoon of shopping on Oxford Street. 


I haven’t been into our thriving capital socially for a good few years, so I felt it was well overdue. All I can say is, I forgot how big Topshop is?! This shop was actually made for me. Everything from their accessories through to their shoes and clothing, I absolutely adore. We spent what felt like forever in there, browsing through their three huge floors, taking in everything. As expected, we both came away with a couple of items after promising to be good with our money. 
We went on to browse in Urban Outfitters, where I had to resist buying a lilac and mint green colour block blouse, Forever 21 and the usual high-street stores such as River Island and Accessorize.
Before leaving, I had to return to Topshop to purchase the cutest cupcake. It seems cupcakes are becoming a slight obsession for me, but what isn’t to love about how scrumptious they taste and how pretty the coloured icing looks?
Begrudgingly, we headed back to Southampton, feeling very tired after hours of pushing our way through the packed streets of London.
I was wined and dined that evening however, as I was booked in to eat at The Rockstone after my previous work placement Listed, asked me to go there and review the food. A complimentary three-course meal for myself and my boyfriend left us feeling very much relaxed and ready for bed!
All in all, a busy day but a good one at that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers