Thursday 22 March 2012

Determination is Key

Yesterday, I completed my work placement at Listed magazine. I've been there for the last 7 weeks and I have loved every minute of it.


It seems I landed myself a brilliant placement with this, as after hearing horror stories of friends work placements at various magazines, I did have my doubts. Would I be filing, cleaning and making cups of coffee for the whole day? The answer would be no.



Right from day one, it was all go go go, with numerous tasks to do including writing news and feature stories, editing and uploading online content, tweeting upcoming events and interviewing exciting music artists. I couldn't have asked for better. The three people I was working alongside in the office were all lovely and made me feel very welcome, which instantly put me at ease and made the placement even more enjoyable. 


Thanks to Listed, I now have many published articles to add to my portfolio, demonstrating my writing style and skills.


To top off the placement, I was delighted to hear that they would like me to continue writing for their shopping section. I love shopping so this is pretty ideal!


The experience was invaluable and has given me a brilliant insight into the ins and outs of the magazine process from start to finish. It has also reinforced how much I love writing and has made me even more determined to become a fashion writer.  


Thank you Listed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers