Tuesday 20 March 2012

New Forest Fun

Today I decided to get out of Southampton and visit the New Forest with a friend. Why I've only just got round to doing this when I've been in Southampton for almost three years I don't know, but it was so much fun.
We started off by doing a quick photo shoot, (my friend studies Photography and needed to get some shoots for her portfolio) which was quickly replaced by searching for ponies. Whilst doing this, we found a little group of donkeys. Cute, adorable, you name it and these donkeys fit the bill. The baby one had to be my favorite though, it was so fluffy and loving and I was very tempted to 'borrow' it for a while...but soon realised it would be difficult to fit it in the car. Hmph.


After finally tearing ourselves away from them, we went in search of some friendly horses, as many of them were quick to bite. We found a few, and would willingly have taken them home with us, but they did seem quite content in their surroundings so we chose to leave them be. The fact that cars were driving through the middle of their home didn't bother them in the slightest; they happily just walked into the road and stopped as if to say 'I was here first, you can wait'. So very amusing to watch.


After discovering just how fun the New Forest is, I have decided to go camping there at some point over the next few months. Maybe the horses will take to me better if I sleep there too...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers